Personal Development Exercises For Better Concentration And Focus
Personal development can be tough especially when it involves major concentration in the middle of a noisy and busy surrounding. Concentrating seems to be the skill that a few people can master through some simple ways. These people who can concentrate despite noise and pressure are very lucky that they get their job done without letting external or internal troubles affect work. On the other hand, some are also blessed with having the perfect work place that lets them focus.
We all know there can never be a perfect workplace that lets you concentrate with your job. And if a person is left alone, distractions such as unnecessary thoughts can be really difficult to ignore. Distractions come in different forms, whether internal or external, and can sometimes hinder us from concentrating on work.
And so to help you fight these distractions that hinder you from concentrating, the following are some personal development exercises that you can try doing:
* Engage in yoga or other exercises that aim to help you control your breathing. These forms of activities help to gradually stimulate the exchange of gases in your bloodstream. This biological mechanism aids in strengthening your brain to focus on the things you do and also encourages better memory as well as personal growth and development.
* Engage in mental counting. One of the personal development exercises that you can practice is mental counting. Count 1 to 100, and afterward, count the numbers backward. You can also skip 4 numbers in between or follow other counting styles.
* Repeating your favorite word also helps you stay focused. Repeat the word as many times as you want with your body in a relaxed sitting position. Slowly empty your mind and chant the word like a mantra. While doing this, breathe in and out after every word.
* Meditation can also help you concentrate. Look for a noise-free place to sit comfortably, as in the lotus position. With your eyes closed, relax your whole body and focus on your breathing. Meditation is one of the effective personal development exercises that help you keep your cool in the tension-inducing situations.
* Try to visualize. Your journey to personal growth and development will commence by seeing yourself as a successful individual who can focus at his work and get things done. Visualizing also helps you plan on how exactly you are going to battle the daily distractions of your life.
* Heartbeat listening. Another personal development exercise that you can practice is the listening to your steady heartbeat. Listen to it and nothing else. Concentrate on your heartbeat and think about the being in you and how your body is in perfect harmony with all its systems and with the universe.
* Fixed gazing. Sit comfortably on a steady object. Stare at it without flinching then close your eyes and visualize how the object looks like. This exercise will keep your mind from roaming and will help you attain personal development through concentration.