Five Happiness Quotes to Remember
It is true that happiness is indeed one of the most sought after feelings in the world. We constantly find ourselves looking for happiness everywhere we go. Many people associate happiness with financial success, competitive careers, and a happy marriage. Either way it just shows how people constantly try to find happiness in their lives.
But is happiness something we need to look for? Do we have to strive hard to be happy? How can we easily achieve happiness? Motivational speakers and self-help experts tell us time and time again that happiness is not an end point. They tell us that happiness is a habit of enjoying what we have and what we do in our lives. It is not something that we need to reach at the end of the tunnel. More than anything else, we need to be contented and appreciative of our blessings.
I have compiled five of the best happiness quotes that can enlighten some of our deepest concerns and longings. There’s no doubt you already know some of these things, however that is exactly what quotes are for: to remind us what is it we have trying to think and say all this time. So sit back, relax and start reading the five best happiness quotes that can surely enlighten a troubled mind and heart.
1. If you want to be happy, be. – Leo Tolstoy
Leo Tolstoy couldn’t be more direct than this quote. Happiness is a choice. We need to fully recognize our power to be happy. We might have heard it many times before but nothing has changed in the fact that happiness is being. It always comes from within rather than without.
2. Happiness isn’t always doing what you want to do; its doing what you don’t want to do, and being glad you did it. – Jessie Evens Smith
– This is what contentment is all about. We have always focused our attention on finding happiness but not contentment. In essence this happiness quote emphasizes that life is all about enjoying the daily things we do. It is all about having fun, being thankful, and being appreciative with what we already have.
3. The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved ” loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. – Victor Hugo
Victor Hugo’s quote underscores the happiness that lies within the love, support, and acceptance of the people we love. We are social beings who find comfort not only within us but through the loving embrace of our family and friends. To be reminded that we love and are loved in return is one of the greatest blessings we should all be thankful for.
4. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. – George Burns
– The image produced by this happiness quote is enough to make us feel warm inside. It is always something to be happy about knowing your family and friends are always there for you. Sometimes when you are weary and sad, just the thought of home never fails to make you smile. These are some of the things we take for granted in our quest for happiness.
5. The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness. -Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind, 1954
– This quote perfectly sums up what all the other quotes have said; and that is to choose happiness by enjoying life’s journey rather than aimlessly searching for happiness as if it’s a destination.
This list is just a glimpse of what you need to remember about happiness. Write these happiness quotations or try to search more of these quotes online. Keep in mind the quotes you felt had the most impact on you and don’t forget to count your blessings.